Get into your pen
In 2021 Destelheide will celebrate its 50th anniversary!
We want to start this festive year appropriately with a writing competition with the theme 'Ode to Destelheide'.
// Have you ever stayed in Destelheide?
// What impressions did Destelheide leave behind?
// Did you enjoy being together, the atmosphere, the peace, the nature, the art, ...?
// Did you find inspiration, friendship, creative impulses, satisfaction, ...?
Then get into your pen and submit your written or spoken ode to Destelheide by January 1, 2021 (the start of our festive year). You are free to fill in the form and content.
Do you think your ode should be a poem, a letter, a piece of prose, an opinion, ...? Go ahead!
Stick to a maximum of 375 words or 3 minutes.
Your text will be thoroughly read by a professional jury consisting of:
Hind Eljadid (jury chairman), Moya De Feyter and Kim Pauwels.
The team of Dharts and Guy Uyttebroeck, director of Destelheide, will also participate in the judging.
// Hind Eljadid
Hind Eljadid (1993) is busy with spoken word on a daily basis.
The Antwerp artist gives workshops and regularly performs with her own texts. Her literary debut Kruimeldief is also on its way. The Van Dale SPOKEN Award, which she was the only Belgian to receive in 2017, is testimony to her skills as a poet and writer.
Yet especially the socially critical is the beating heart in Hind's art. Her platform ZonderWolk is a social-artistic initiative that, in addition to being a driving force for Belgian slam poetry, is also socially supportive. Hind her train of thought works inclusive, her second platform Slam Aleikum is proof of that.
In 2018 Hind won the BILL Award Ultima and in 2019 the Emancipation Prize for culture. In 2020 she is a writer-in-residence at Vooruit Arts Center and won the El Hizjra literature prize for poetry.
// Moya De Feyter
Moya De Feyter writes poetry, prose and theater texts. She studied Literature and Theater Sciences at the University of Antwerp.
After numerous prizes (Frappant, Write Now, Poetry Contest UA, Guy Commerman ...) and separate publications (in Deus Ex Machina, Meander, Gierik, Kluger Hans, Poetry Paper, Het Liegend Konijn ...), her debut Tot iemand eindelijk appeared. in 2018. This intimate collection balances on the boundary between delusion and reality and chronicle and fairytale. He was nominated for the Poetry Debut Prize at the Sea and received an honorable mention from the C. Buddingh '.
A year later, Moya announced Mass Beaches with a special performance, a kaleidoscopic book focusing on the destruction of our living environment.
Moya likes to be on stage a lot. Perhaps you have already seen her at work on Poets in the Prinsentuin, Poesia Divina, the Poetry Brothel, North Sea Poetry or the Night of Poetry?
When not writing, she teaches language and art education or fights for our endangered planet with the Klimaatdichters, a collective of over 170 Flemish and Dutch poets who use the power of poetry in the fight for a climate-friendly world.
// Kim Pauwels
Kim Pauwels made her debut in 2017 with her poetry collection Tweelingstrijd, published by Uitgeverij Vrijdag.
In 2018, her occasional poem 'Pegasus', written for a poetry walk in the Middelheim Museum in Antwerp, was included in the poetry collection Dichter bij Beeld.
She received the third prize in the Poetry Competition University of Antwerp in 2019.
She is currently working on her first novel.
This jury will choose from all submissions:
1) One all-round winner
- Presentation moment during the award ceremony on 29/01/2021 at 7 pm during the 50 years Destelheide party on 21/10/2021 at 7 pm
- Your ode will be 50 years old to all guests at the party evening Destelheide in a beautiful printed version as a gift
- Publication of your poem on the website of Destelheide
in the Destelheide-Hanenbos magazin on the social media of Destelheide
- A free Artist in House Residence of 2 days in Destelheide (worth 350 euros) at a time of your choice
or a free registration in the Summer Academy 2021 in a studio of your choice (worth 350 euros)
- Book “Swimming Lessons for Later”, Climate Poetry published by Publisher Friday
2) Youth prize up to 26 years
- A free Artist in House Residence of 2 days in Destelheide ( worth 350 euros) at a time of your choice
or a free entry in the Summer Academy 2021 in a studio of your choice (worth 350 euros)
- Your tribute is to all guests at the party 50 years Destelheide in beautiful print edition gift given
3) Shortlist: 3rd, 4th and 5th prize
- Book voucher of € 50
- For everyone from 16 years old
- Submit your text (PDF) or spoken version (VIMEO, Youtube, ...) by January 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm via email@example.com . Don't forget to add your contact details.
- Language: free - add a NL or EN translation if you submit a text in a different language.
- Keep the date of the award ceremony free: January 29 at 7 pm in Destelheide
- The 5 winners will be personally notified.
- Ask? Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org